Prep: 15 mins
Rest: 15 mins
Ingredients for 4 people:
- ½ white cabbage (500g)
- 1 red apple
- 80g of dried coconut shavings
- 2 big limes
- ½ bunch of coriander
- 4 tbsp of canola (or olive) oil
- Salt and pepper
- Cut the half cabbage in 2 quarters and mince it really finely with a mandolin. Pour into a large bowl and sprinkle with lime juice (5 to 6cl/2fl oz). Mix well.
- Cut the apple without peeling it and add to the bowl. Add in the coconut, the coriander grossly chopped, the oil, salt and pepper. Mix and let it rest at least 15 minutes before serving.
- Pairs wonderfully with grilled chicken fillets or gambas a la plancha.
Tip: prepare your salad up to 2 hours before to really let the lime juice soften the cabbage.