Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 30 mins
Ingredients for 6 to 8 people (2.5l)
- ½ organic butternut squash (circ. 600g)
- 350g organic carrots
- 1 small organic zucchini
- 1 onion
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 vegetable broth cubes
- 1 tbsp of powder cumin
- Salt and pepper
- Roughly mince the onion. Chop the seeded butternut in dices, the carrots in slices and the zucchini in half slices.
- In a casserole with olive oil, brown the onion for 2 minutes on low heat. Dredge with cumin and stir for 1 minute before adding the vegetables. Pour in 1.25l of water and mix in the broth cubes. Cover, bring to the boil and let simmer for 30 minutes on low heat.
- Let the soup rest for 10 minutes before whizzing. Season to taste.
- Serve hot with bread. You may sprinkle it with grilled butternut seeds for the final touch.
Tip: since they are organic and will be blended, there is no need to peel the butternut, carrots or zucchini.