Recipe idea: Stoemp with leeks
Preparation: 20 min
Cooking: 20 min
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 1 bunch of leeks
- 800 g large floury potatoes
- 50 g butter
- 5 cl whole milk
- grated nutmeg
- salt and pepper
- Take the white part of the leeks with 4 cm of the green part (keep the rest for a soup). Split them into 4, wash them carefully and slice them thinly. Put them in a saucepan, then add the potatoes, peeled and cut into pieces.
- Cover with water and bring to a boil; let it simmer 20 min.
- Drain the vegetables and put them back in the pan. Add butter, milk, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Crush with a potato masher until you obtain a homogeneous stoemp.
- Serve hot with meatloaf, grilled fish fillets, etc.
Tip: for a bit of an extra boost, serve your stoemp with some old-fashioned mustard.